Having your own domain name hosted elsewhere, you can transfer it to OverBlog. We'll manage it as soon as you subscribe to a Premium membership.
It's free, and the domain you wish us to register for you will remain your property. OverBlog will manage everything: billing and technical support (expiration alerts, DNS...). Your domain name will automatically be linked to your blog.
Go to your registrar dashboard, and find the form or tab (depending on the registrar) to unlock your domain name and to launch the transfer.
Request your current registrar the domain's authorization code (auth-code). This is a code that you will need to provide to OverBlog to achieve the transfer. You will receive a confirmation email (don't forget to check your spam box if you don't receive it in your mailbox.)
How to proceed?
Go to "Contact us", on this page top right hand corner, and send us the following information:
- The domain name to transfer (ie: www.mydomainname.com)
- The auth-code your registrar provided you
- Your OverBlog's url (ie: myblog.over-blog.com)
- Your current registrar, hosting your domain name (ie : Gandi, OVH, 1and1,...)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date and place of birthcom
- Postal address